Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to users of Senpex's services anywhere in the world, including users of Senpex's apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy describes how Senpex and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world. This policy specifically applies to:
- Riders: users who request or receive transportation
- Drivers: users who provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
- Delivery Recipients: users who request deliveries of food or other items
- Delivery Partners: users who provide delivery services
This policy also applies to those who provide information to Senpex in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information Senpex otherwise receives in connection with its services. All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
Senpex provides services to users throughout the world. If you use our services in the United States, Senpex Technologies, Inc. is the data controller for your information. If you use our services in the European Union or elsewhere, Senpex B.V. is the data controller.
We process personal information inside and outside of the United States.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by Senpex or its affiliates is:
830 Stewart Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
The Information We Collect
Information that you provide to Senpex, such as when you create your Senpex account.
Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
Information from other sources, such as Senpex partners and third parties that use Senpex APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Senpex:
Information you provide
This may include:
User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Senpex account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Social Security number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Senpex account.
Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Senpex’s services as a driver or delivery partner. This may include information such as your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on Senpex’s behalf.
Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Senpex customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Senpex.
Information created when you use our services
This may include:
Depending on the Senpex services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
If you are a driver or delivery partner, Senpex collects location information when the Senpex app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
If you are a rider and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Senpex collects location information when the Senpex app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Senpex also collects this information when the Senpex app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
Riders and delivery recipients may use the Senpex app without enabling Senpex to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Senpex app. For example, if you do not enable Senpex to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your Pick-up address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Senpex to collect your location information.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
We enable users to communicate with each other and Senpex through the Senpex apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders, and delivery partners and recipients, to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Senpex receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Senpex may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
These may include:
User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
Senpex business partners through which you create or access your Senpex account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Senpex’s APIs or whose API Senpex uses (such as when you order a ride through Google Maps).
Insurance providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
Financial services providers (if you are a driver or delivery partner).
Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a company).
The owner of an Senpex for Business or Senpex Family profile that you use.
Publicly available sources.
Marketing service providers.
Senpex may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Senpex collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery and other products and services. We also use the information we collect:
To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
For customer support
For research and development
To enable communications to or between users
To provide promotions or contests
In connection with legal proceedings
Senpex does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Senpex uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Senpex uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
Create and update your account.
Verify your identity.
Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services. This includes automated processing of your information to enable Dynamic Pricing, in which the price of a ride is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance of the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using Senpex at a given moment.
Process or facilitate payments for those services.
Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
To track the progress of your ride or delivery.
Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to Senpex, split fares, or share your ETA.
Enable features to personalize your Senpex account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those which enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their riders of their disabilities, allow only text messages from riders, and to receive flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications.
Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
Screening drivers and delivery partners prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers.
Using information from drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among drivers regarding such behaviors.
our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts drivers to share a selfie before going online. This helps ensure that the driver using the app matches the Senpex account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information
Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information.
Senpex uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
Investigate and address your concerns
Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
Senpex uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver may text or call a rider to confirm a Pick-up location, or a restaurant or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
Communications from Senpex
Senpex may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Senpex may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an Senpex user. Users in the EU have have the right to object to this type of processing; see Section II.I.1.d for more information.
Senpex may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Senpex's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
Remembering user preferences and settings
Determining the popularity of content
Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Senpex's products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Senpex may share the information we collect:
With other users
For example, if you are a rider, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by drivers, and Pick-up and/or drop-off locations with drivers
If you are a driver or delivery partner, we may share information with your rider(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by riders; total number of trips; for how long you have been using the Senpex app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, and a map of the route you took.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
Senpex business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Senpex may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle suppliers, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Senpex may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users -- including through public forums such as Senpex blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of Senpex accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
A rider using your employer’s Senpex for Business profile, or taking trips arranged through Senpex Central.
A driver using an account owned by a partner transportation company.
A rider who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile.
A delivery partner acting as a substitute (U.K. only).
With Senpex subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Senpex processes and stores information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With Senpex service providers and business partners
Senpex may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
Payment processors and facilitators.
Background check providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
Cloud storage providers.
Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
Data analytics providers.
Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Senpex or on Senpex’s behalf.
Vendors that assist Senpex to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
Insurance and financing partners.
Yandex Taxi and other local providers.
Vehicle solution vendors or third party vehicle suppliers.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Senpex may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Senpex’s rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Senpex may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Senpex retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your Senpex account.
Senpex retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Senpex thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Senpex deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
Senpex requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your Senpex account.
Senpex retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Senpex's services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Senpex takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the Senpex app, or via Senpex's website (riders and delivery recipients here; drivers and delivery partners here).
Following such request, Senpex deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Senpex may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Senpex will delete your account as described above.
Senpex may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Senpex shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Senpex may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Senpex account in the future.
Special Information For EU Users
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This section summarizes Senpex’s grounds for processing personal information under the GDPR, and the rights of EU users as relates to Senpex’s handling of personal information.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR'). This section provides information as relates to EU users' rights, and Senpex's responsibilities, under this regulation.
- EU User Rights
If you are an Senpex user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to Senpex's handling of your personal information.
- Explanation and copies of your data You have the right to request an explanation of the information that Senpex has about you and how Senpex uses that information. You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that Senpex collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because Senpex requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- Correction If Senpex has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information. Please see the section titled 'Explanation, Copies and Correction' below for more information on correcting, or requesting correction of, your information.
- Deletion Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may requests deletion through the Privacy Settings menu in the Senpex app, or via Senpex's website. We may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law. Please see the 'Information Retention & Deletion' section above for more information regarding Senpex's retention and deletion practices.
- Objections and complaints Users in the EU have the right to object to Senpex's processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making.
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, Senpex processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- The processing is necessary to provide the services and features you request Senpex must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes: User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your trips, orders and accounts; and to enable you to make payments or receive earnings. Background check Information necessary to enable drivers to provide transportation services through the Senpex app. Driver location Information, which is necessary to match drivers with riders, and to track trips while in-progress and suggest navigation. Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of Senpex's services. Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance Senpex's services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information, incentives, connect riders and drivers, and calculate costs of trips and driver earnings. Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using Senpex's apps.
- The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of our users or of others Senpex may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- The processing is necessary for Senpex's legitimate interests Senpex collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information: To maintain and enhance our users' safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of Senpex's apps. We also use usage information to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (e.g., because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users). To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, Senpex uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud Senpex or other users. To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety. To provide customer support. To optimize our service and develop new services. This includes, for example, identifying the best pick-up / drop locations, recommending (new) features, improving navigation, and enhancing pricing and matching riders and drivers or delivery recipients and partners. For research and analytical purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing usage trends to improve the user experience and enhance the safety and security of our services. For direct marketing purposes. This includes, for example, analysing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs. To enforce Senpex's Terms of Service.
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of other persons or parties Senpex collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others. Senpex may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- The processing is necessary to fulfill Senpex's legal obligations Senpex is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, Senpex is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain information about your trips, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. Senpex uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the Senpex apps. Senpex may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- Consent Senpex may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent. Senpex relies on consent in connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with you. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are done on the basis of your consent. Location Information (Riders) Share Live Location (Riders) Notifications: Account and Trip Updates Notifications: Discounts and News Accessibility features Please see the Choice & Transparency section below for further information about these data collections and uses, how to opt in or out of them, and the effect of opting out of these on your use of Senpex's apps. Senpex may also collect personal information about you through voluntary surveys. Your responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent, and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.